Sunday, September 13, 2015

Welcome!

I have a number of blogs; I have loved them from the beginning, and I've been unable to leave Blogger as my host. For a while I tried WordPress, Xanga, a few others, but I was able to manage Blogger better, and everything else is here, so I'm sticking with Blogger.

A couple of years ago, I started trying to become an author. Five sets of stories and a couple of volumes of poetry later, I'm still trying. I set up my press site and made the Splitrock Lighthouse its symbol. At the time I had plans for doing PR right out of this site. I figured I didn't need to chat or be informal, since I had my usual informal blog which had been running for eight years.

But I was basically unwilling to change that one, or make it more commercial. I use all small letters on that one, and make it intensely personal, and I like it that way; I've never had any desire to cultivate any professional traffic or do anything to compromise my feelings. My relatives sometimes get on me, saying it's interesting and informative, but has no titles, no headings for the pictures, etc. But I don't change it. It is as I want it, and I think it'll stay that way.

I occasionally need to say things like, another set of stories is coming; or, I'm working on a novel. I think my readers would want to know this. But it has been lost in the ongoing madhouse that that blog entails. Only some readers really want to be over there, and that's not the majority of its readers. So I'll make this site basically to focus on my identity as an author, and my pr efforts, and the things I do as part of tlevs press, my press. It's that simple. I'll try to make this site nice, but uncluttered, and stick to the things the press makes. I plan on making it enjoyable and interesting, and using it to connect to other authors.

From the template, you should be able to visit some of the other blogs, as well as some other interesting sites. I would like it to be an interesting place to visit, even if it becomes sleepy, or there is nothing coming forth from tlevs press. Comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment