Thursday, September 24, 2015

Readers Wanted

I have a set of 21 short stories and I need somebody to read them fairly quickly; in return, I give you three finished books, including a finished version of the one you read for me.

I have some loyal readers, but not enough. And most of my loyal readers know me so well, they don't tell me the whole truth. They're kind of like family. I need people who see the cold hard truth. But I especially need them for logical inconsistencies.

I have come to see being a Reader as slightly more serious than I used to. For one thing, I need to print and produce this book fairly quickly; once I'm done writing, I'm impatient and want it out there. But there are a lot of things I don't see. I was aggrieved to find, in the finished version of a set of stories, one that had a logical inconsistency. I am better with grammatical issues than logical ones, since I do proofreading steadily, but I take pride in my stories and really don't want either kind of problem in them. And I'm not a publishing house, nor do I have access to one. I do it all on my own, and this is the price I pay.

Interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment